Friday, April 08, 2005

Why the name? Why the title?

These are two questions I always want to ask every blogger, so I'll answer it myself.

I chose Jersey Cow because right now my twenty-three month old daughter and I are in the process of weaning. Rather, I am trying to wean her and she is resisting MIGHTILY. That child loves her mommy milk. Anyway, there are days I feel like nothing more than a magic boob, and when I was dealing with a case the other day involving dairy cows, I said - HEY! Yeah, that's me... I'm a dairy cow! Hence the nick name.

As for the title of the blog, it comes from one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Poi Dog Pondering. The song is Thanksgiving, and here are the lyrics:

Somehow I find myself far out of line
from the ones I had drawn
Wasn't the best of paths,
you could attest to that,
but I'm keeping on.
Would our paths cross
if every great loss
had turned out our gain?
Would our paths cross
if the pain it had cost us
was paid in vain?
There was no pot of gold,
hardly a rainbow
lighting my way
But I will be true
to the red, black and blues
that colored those days.
I owe my soul
to each fork in the road,
each misleading sign.
'Cause even in solitude,
no bitter attitude
can dissolve my sweetest find
Thanksgiving for every wrong move
that made it right.

1 Comments:

At 7/10/2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you. a girlfriend from 13 years old put this on a mix tape that i lost.

and i could never remember that this was a Poi Dog song.

it is a really meaningful song to me, too. and i found it via google and your blog.

thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home