Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This and That

So it's been a few weeks since I updated, so I'll fill in some blanks.

-- I got the results of my MRI back. I have a deformed radial head, the result of an old fracture. There is basically a divot in the middle of the bone, which allows fluid to build up. This makes my elbow hurt and creates incredibly loud POPs when I extend it. Really nothing that can be done at this point. NSAIDs make me sick to my stomach so they are out. Surgery isn't an option so early. So it's pretty much suck-it-up-and-deal for now.

-- My five-year-old started kindergarten. The report back from his teacher was that he is a bright, inquisitive, outgoing, wonderful and incredibly funny kid. *proud mama here*

-- The BIG SNIP is done. My husband did better than either he or I expected. The incision is teeny weeny tiny. He camped out in the recliner for three days with frozen peas and a jock strap, with me bringing him his favorite snacks and the occasional happy pain killer. He was back at work on day 4. The worst part is there is no sex for TWO WEEKS!! He'll go back in 8 weeks to make sure he's all clear.

-- My three-year-old starts nursery school this week. She started gymnastics on Monday night. I always think of her as my baby, and taking a step back and really looking at her - well, she is not a baby any more. Not even a little bit. She has turned into a beautiful little girl. This weekend my husband and son are going camping so I asked her what she wants to do on our "girl's weekend." She wants to play little ponies, watch Baby Bratz, go to Don Pablo's for dinner and get coffee at Starbucks. This itinerary really really cracks me up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home