Sunday, August 12, 2007

I miss my bathroom

There is temporary insanity at my house. Hubby is in the process of re-doing our bathroom. It still had the original sink, cabinet, mirror, lights, etc from when my parents built the house 30+ years ago. Also, it had carpet, and we've wanted for a long time to take that out and put down tile. I also wanted new paint on the wall.

Silly me, I had no idea what sort of undertaking this was going to be. I came home from work Wednesday to find that the bathroom was totally gutted. The toilet was sitting inside the tub. It is still there. Don't get me wrong - Erik is making tremendous progress and is working SO hard. But it's taking some time.

And I miss my bathroom. I miss my toilet. I also miss my bed, since the bathroom is right off the bedroom and I couldn't sleep there #1 because of the paint fumes, then #2 now because Erik is working in there until 3:00 a.m. every night and it's too damn loud.

I can't find anything - all my toiletries are in boxes stacked up in the bedroom. I can't find my razor blades, my floss, my feminine hygiene products - it's so frustrating. I have to walk across the house whenever I have to pee. I have to use the kids shower. None of this stuff is really that bad... It's just... annoying and frustrating.

Not only that but since Erik has been spending insane amounts of time working on the bathroom, everything else in the house? Not so much. Including the kids and the laundry and the dishes, etc.

I miss my bathroom, people. I miss my comfy toilet seat and my hairbrush (which I still haven't found in the boxes) and my shampoo (which is trapped behind the toilet sitting in the shower) and my bed and mostly my husband. Sigh.

6 Comments:

At 8/12/2007 9:10 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Sorry to hear you have lost your shampoo and husband in the bathroom, but hopefully things will finish up soon and you'll have Erik back and a beautiful bathroom. Hang in there! (hm, that sounded a lot funnier in my head than it does now)

If things get too rough you can always head over to cherry and throw around some F-bombs. :0

I'll send cookies to the construction fairy so s/he will help Erik finish in a flash.

 
At 8/13/2007 9:53 PM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Remodeling sucks. Big time. Good luck and here's hoping you have your bathroom back ASAP!

 
At 8/14/2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Don said...

Ugh, that sounds uh... fun. You know it'll be worth it in the end. Just keep that in mind.

 
At 8/14/2007 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As bad as it is for you, just think, it's the same for him plus he's covered in drywall dust.

 
At 8/14/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Well ... at least your irritable bowel isn't acting up.

Hope to see pics of the new powder room soon!

 
At 8/16/2007 4:11 AM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

P.S. You've been tagged :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home