Sunday, July 29, 2007

Vacation - Day 13 - Harry Potter and Karaoke

Wednesday the Harry Potter movie was released. That was the one day of vacation that was just beastly hot, so it made sense to spend the afternoon in a nice air conditioned theatre with the Hogwarts gang.

Even my two kids made it through the movie, though Lisey was a little antsy towards the end. Marc was enthralled though. I was worried because the movie had some pretty scary parts, but apparently scary movies just don't bother my kids. They loved it.

That evening was our night out. Erik's dad watched the kiddos while Erik & I plus his two brothers and the wives all went out. We went to Mama Kwan's first, and amassed a huge collection of tiki mugs and shot glasses. Cool-Jen SIL was our designated driver for the evening, as she is pregnant and we're taking advantage of that until October.

We then went to Kelly's for awhile but other than the pool table there just wasn't a lot to do there and soon we decided to head out to karaoke. Karaoke at the Jolly Roger has become a beach tradition. We actually got there right at the beginning this year, so we had plenty of rounds to horrify the audience with our singing.

I am really not sure how much I had to drink, but it was a lot. To do karaoke, I have to have a pretty decent buzz to overcome my stage fright. The last round, I ended up singing It's Raining Men all by myself. It was great.

What wasn't so great was waking up at 5:00 in the morning with the worst case of heartburn which quickly turned into the worst case of the post-drinking fireshits I think I've ever had. Since I'd only gone to bed at 2:30, I was tired and sick and miserable most of the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home