Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacation - Day 5 - We get rid of the men-folk

My father took all of the boys in the house fishing on Tuesday, so we had a girl's day. We spent some time at the beach, and I was glad that my younger sister got to spend some quality bonding time with my daughter Lisey. They played together in the waves on the beach for hours.

That afternoon we watched Chick Flicks. Even Lisey sat with us while we all watched Pride & Prejudice, mindlessly noshing on M&M's on raisins and appropriately sighing when Mr. Darcy professes his love.

After the guys got back from fishing, the adults all went out for a nice dinner. We decided to go to Owen's, one of my favorite restaurants in Nags Head. So far the vacation had been completely dry, so hubby and I, along with my younger sis, volunteered to drive to the restaurant early to put our names on the list. We then had a nice half hour to sit in the bar and enjoy a drink. Sis & I both got mojitos and they were SO GOOD.

It really was nice to have a night to just sit and talk with my brother and sisters and spouses and my parents. Having us all at one table, we start to talk about growing up and funny memories and the things that make us a family. Despite the things that separate us all now (distance, religion, politics) I was glad to have that chance to sit and have fun and remember that we really do still have a lot in common.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home