Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tagged again...

This time by Sara Sue and I couldn't feel more specialer.

Here it is - "I quickly write 8 random facts/habits about myself, and then tag 8 people. If I tag you, you had better play".

1. Some of you already know this, some don't... But my breastbone is wired together in three places as a result of past heart surgery. You can actually feel the wires in some places. I have a spectacular scar running from my just below my throat to just above my stomach - and I honestly forget I have it until someone asks me about it.

2. I cannot walk out of the house in the morning without cleaning my ears. Even if I don't have time to take a shower, I will still take 30 seconds and take a wash cloth to my ears to get all the gook out.

3. My daughter Elise is named after a song by the Cure, not a song by Beethoven.

4. When I went to Spain, my favorite part of the whole trip was playing with the stray cats that run free all over Alhambra in Granada. I think that confirms I am indeed a crazy cat person.

5. I can't drink gin because everytime I do, I end up taking off my clothes. EVERY TIME. I just can't handle that stuff.

6. Sometimes, I just really really really really must have a chicken tamale from Don Pablo's.

7. When I have a really important conference at work and I know there is a jackass man on the other side, I purposefully will dress in something pink and something above the knee because then I am automatically assumed to be vapid - I like my opponent to underestimate me because then when I open my mouth and am actually very smart they are surprised. You would be shocked at how often this strategy works, but it still makes me sad that it does.

8. I had a terrible day today and stole a Valium from my husband (he has an Rx to take before dental procedures because he's needle-phobic and they don't want him to pass out) and now I feel much better.

So now I am tagging... Erik, Cool Jen SIL, Jer-my, Sister Mary Lisa, Janet from DC, Sacred Sister, Lemon Blossom, and Ros F. If you got tagged twice sorry 'bout that. I blame the Valium.

8 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

You know you're the specialest!

How long ago did you have heart surgery?

The ear thing may win you entrance into my new club ... "What OCD Made Me Do Today".

Thanks for playing along!

 
At 6/06/2007 12:30 AM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Aww, you tagged me. Thanks! Now I am feeling the warm fuzzy special feelings. :)

Give me two days and it's done.(I'm supposed to be writing a final paper for class on Thursday, though I am finding lots to do instead. Now, where are the finger nail clippers..?)

 
At 6/07/2007 1:17 AM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

Ack, I've been tagged! I agree with LB; I feel SOOOOO speshul... the warm fuzzies are overwhelming.
I am so with your husband on the valium thing; my dentist does that to me too! LOL
I looooove your list!
MWAH,
Moi

 
At 6/08/2007 10:49 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

psst ... you've been tagged again! Same meme only you have to write about Sideon :)

 
At 6/12/2007 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gin gets you all naked and such? That's really interesting because I have the same problem with Rum. That's why I never touch the stuff.

I love your pink vapid suits idea, I will give it to my husband & see if it works for him too!

-Lori

 
At 6/13/2007 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love A Letter to Elise . . . great song, really great song.

Your post makes me want to stock gin for a cool party - you're invited along with EVERYONE else. (j/k)

 
At 6/14/2007 11:34 PM, Blogger Sideon said...

GREAT meme.

Uhm. You say that stuff about gin like taking off your clothes is a bad thing?... I suffer the same effects, but the culprit is tequila. Andale! Arriba, Arriba!

My new (and extremely cute) dentist asked how I was with needles. I said it wasn't my favorite, and that I didn't like the gas, either. He OFFERED a Xanax prescription for my next visit. Tuesday - I went (and had one Xanax, prior). After the appointment, I went home and slept four hours, totally wiped out. Next time I'll just do tequila shots prior. Oh wait - that would be very bad.

Hugs to you.

 
At 7/18/2007 6:34 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Ok, so I needed more than two days, but it's done now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home