Sunday, May 27, 2007

Middle Ages

The fact that I didn't even really blog about my own birthday seems to illustrate how sort of pretty boring it was. I ended up sharing my birthday with Lisey's friend-party, which was fine with me. I couldn't think of any exciting plans, so it gave me an excuse to just eat the chocolate Volcano at Rainforest Cafe and be okay with that.

I have to admit this past week I am feeling really old. I am now solidly in my mid-thirties. My child-bearing days are behind me and am well into child-rearing now. The biggest excitement in my marriage is that we are getting ready to take out a home equity loan in order to re-do the bathrooms. Maybe even some landscaping. This has given us more to talk about than we have had in months.

I am not complaining. I love my life. I just can't help but feel that to an outside observer, it really must appear quite ordinary. But right now I am listening to Lisey in the bedroom doggy-piling Erik in order to wake him up, and it's making me smile.

2 Comments:

At 5/27/2007 9:37 PM, Blogger Randy said...

Middle age isn't so bad. I've stopped caring very much about what other people think, for the most part, which makes it more fun than my deeply repressed youth. OTOH, I've got a couple of patches of gray hair now, which does kinda suck.

 
At 5/27/2007 10:28 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

I love it when I hear my boys piling up on each other. One day last week Gluby and M were singing back and forth to each other and it was hilarious. Those are the moments I cherish. :)

Sounds like wonderful times. Have fun renovating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home