Wednesday, May 30, 2007

But liquor is quicker

I love Keane. They are absolutely in my top 5 favorite bands of all time. Keane's first album is still one of the few I can listen to start to finish and love every song. I had the chance to see them two summers ago when they toured with the Killers as the opening act.

Sunday I got to see them again in Philadelphia. At the Tower Theater. Which is my new favorite concert venue because, dear blog readers... It has A BAR. Not cheap shit, either - Top Shelf, my friends. And you can take drinks to your seat. And a double SoCo and Lime is the same price as a beer, but you seriously get like 4x the alcohol.

So I got to sit with my hubby and one of our very best couple-friends with a very large SoCo and Lime and just get buzzed in my 7th row seats and watch an amazing show. Keane is a great live band. You can tell they love what they do. They love their fans. I love their music. It was heaven. Really, I can only describe the whole thing as a spiritual experience.

3 Comments:

At 5/30/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger Ani Od Chai said...

Hi. I just discovered your blog and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Your kids are beautiful and I love your honesty. Your daughter reminds me of mine - also far sighted in her right eye, also got glasses not too long ago, and also adorable. Thank you for a great read.

 
At 5/31/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Sideon said...

I am insanely jealous right now, to the point that I am pulling out their first cd and playing it the rest of the afternoon, on random shuffle repeat, and I don't care if my co-workers like it or not :)

 
At 5/31/2007 10:50 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

adhd mom - welcome to my blog!

sideon - we really must meet sometime. We are kindred souls...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home