Sunday, June 03, 2007

Spending the day with Vincent and Henri

Today I got up at the ass-crack of dawn to catch a bus to NYC. At 11:00 I was at Rockefeller Center hugging my younger sister. We had lunch and coffee (her treat - a late birthday present) and then she had to go to work, so I had the afternoon to myself. I didn't have a chance to go to MOMA last time I was there, and it was #1 on my list.

I spent a little over three glorious hours meandering through the museum. I have to admit, as I actually stood in front of the Starry Night and saw it for the first time in person... I cried. So if you were in MOMA today around 1:00 and happened to see a mid-thirties chick weeping in gallery #1 - yeah, that was me.

At 3:30 I started to head back towards where the bus was supposed to pick us up, except now I was carrying a big bag of books I bought for the kids. I decided to stop at the Starbucks for a quick coffee before trekking towards Central Park. When I walked out the door, THERE WAS MY BUS. Seriously... randomly... it just happened to be sitting right outside the entrance. I walked over and asked the driver if I could just board the bus there and he said sure. He said he had just sort of been waiting in the bus lane there until it was time to get the rest of the people. So I got a free ride for the last several blocks.

I realized today that I am one of those people - I *heart* New York. Everytime I leave, I can't wait to go back and see more. It is only $30 for a round trip bus ticket!! I cannot even drive to Baltimore and park for the day for that amount of money. I may have to make this a regular event.

2 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 1:40 AM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Nice. I have only been a couple of times, but I would love to go back and experience it again, post-mo. Sounds like you had a great time, tears and all!

 
At 6/05/2007 2:16 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

psst ... hurry home, you've been tagged!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home