Saturday, June 23, 2007

Having a Cornershop moment...

Many years ago Erik and I went to see Kula Shaker at the 930 club in DC. It was right after the 930 club had moved, and since we weren't really sure where it was, we got there REALLY early just in case we got lost. So we're just sitting in the car and this guy walks buy in the ugliest shirt I'd ever seen and a skirt.

We both look at each other and just start laughing. For the next two hours, we are pretty much mocking this poor guy we saw earlier walking down the street in the ugliest shirt ever made and a skirt. Until the opening act took the stage... and the lead singer was... THAT GUY...

Yes, we had been mocking the singer of Cornershop (anyone else remember Brimful of Asha??) for pretty much the whole night. And yes, he was on stage wearing that ugly shirt and apparently NOT a skirt, but in fact, a sari of some sort. We still laugh about that night.

So tonight we went to see Shiny Toy Guns at Sonar in Baltimore (thanks again to Jeremy for turning me onto them!!) I'd had several Irish Coffees prior to arriving at the club, so had a nice buzz going. The opening band (Hourly Radio) was excellent, and as I was grooving to the music, I noticed a very tall guy dressed all in black with a horrid burgundy scarf standing behind me.

Of course, how could I not mock this horrid scarf?? From that moment on, he was ASCOT MAAAAAN. We made so many Scooby Doo/Fred jokes, I almost peed myself laughing. There were just so many emo jokes to make, how could we stop??

Okay, so you know how this is going to end, right? Because karma is a total bitch...

So the next band starts to play...


Here is a picture... This would be Stars of Track and Field...
Although it is difficult to see in these camera phone pictures, I will direct your attention to the neck of the lead singer...
Yes, please take notice of the horrid burgundy ascot...
Oh, and Shiny Toy Guns ROCKED!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home