Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacation - Day 4 - Elizabethan Gardens

My youngest sister flew in late Sunday night from NYC. It was wonderful to have all of my siblings together. It's been a long time since we've had a vacation together. Monday afternoon my mother, my two sisters, my oldest niece and myself had a girl's day out. We stuffed ourselves senseless at the Weeping Radish on Sauerbraten and potato pancakes and spaetzle. Then we decided to tour the Elizabethan Gardens.

My husband mocks me because I love going to the gardens. There is an episode of Futurama where they go the park and there's a sign out front that says, "Yes!! We have tree viewing here!!" Anyway, I find it to be very peaceful and meditative. But that's because I usually go by myself. This year I went with my sisters...

I laughed so hard that my sides were hurting. First of all my older sister made the mistake of allowing me to push her 6 month old son's stroller. Gabriel and I were doing mad extreme stroller tricks and my sister was having a heart attack. I had to stop when the baby fell asleep though - apparently my off-road stroller adventure lulled him to an early nap.

Then the hydrangea - my mother loved the hydrangea and kept touching the blossoms. So my younger sister says, "Mom, don't re-arrange-a the hyndrangea." And my other sisters says, "Unless you are the range-a." And then I say, "Yes there might be dange-a." And my younger sister then says, "And you are only a strange-a." And then all three of us dissolved into the giggles and it was downhill from there.

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 2:30 AM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

I love to tour gardens too. Sounds like a lovely girls day out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home