Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacation - Day 3 - Finally, the beach!!

Sunday morning while the rest of the family dressed in their best and headed off to church, my apostate children and husband put on sunscreen and headed to the beach. I had totally forgotten it was fast sunday, so I did feel a little bit bad for fixing breakfast for both my kids while their cousins sat there starving.

That morning, I took my laptop to a local internet cafe and checked my email for work. I also went to the grocery store and got a load of laundry done. I had my kids fed lunch and re-lotioned for a 2nd round at the beach before their cousins returned from church. Sometimes I forget what a completel time-sucker church can be!!

It was pretty amazing to see all the cousins play together. We had 10 kids total and for the whole week, I never saw one big fight. Even my kids were just too busy having fun with their cousins to fight with each other.

Sunday afternoon we got a visit from the a/c repairmam - one of the units had broken and needed to be replaced. At one point, my family was saying the prayer before dinner when the guy came bursting into the house making a huge amount of noise and yelling something to a co-worker outside. He saw my family was praying and immediately stopped and bowed his head. When the prayer was over he apologized for interrupting and a thick southern drawl said, "It's alright. I love Jesus too!!"

For the rest of the week, anytime anyone did something embarassing we'd just repeat that - It's alright. I love Jesus too!!

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 2:29 AM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

LOL that mantra may get you through some rough times huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home