Monday, July 23, 2007

Vacation - Day 8 - Next family!!

On Friday, we switched families. My family headed home and Erik's family arrived. Of course, the first order of business was taking the fridge previously occupied by my brother and his family's food and switching it to the fridge of beer and Mike's.

In North Carolina, the ABC stores open at 10:00... I was there at 9:58. I then immediately went to the grocery store for Magic Hat, and Red Stripe, and the Mike's variety pack. I was home by 11:00 a.m. and ready for the fun to begin!!

Erik's family wasted no time in unpacking and heading straight for the beach. For dinner that night, Erik took the fish they'd caught earlier in the week and cooked in an amazing beer batter. It was SO GOOD - even his brother who hates fish had two helpings.

It was interesting having the two families back to back. My kids, who had cousins galore to occupy them the whole previous week, immediately returned to their favorite past-time of arguing with each other. Luckily, Erik's step-brothers and their friends has brought the xbox, and Marc quickly learned to play Halo and stop bothering his sister.

And I think Erik was so glad to have beer-drinking, poker-playing folks around I thought he might die from the joy of it all.

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 2:34 AM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

HAAHAHAhA! I'm sure Erik must have felt much closer to *heaven* on day 8!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home