Friday, November 03, 2006

Another Swinging around the Pole update

This time I did the class with shoes on. It actually was SO much easier. The shoes give a nice base to spin from (your feet sort of stick to the floor). I didn't feel awkward in them either - I've been wearing them around the house at night to get used to them. And I loved this instructor. I laughed when I first saw her because I just got my Fall coloring done and her highlights were the same exact color as mine (gold and copper). Plus it was just me and another girl, so the instructor was able to really work with us individually. I managed my first really good completely off the floor spin.

And honestly, completing that spin cancelled out the entire very-bad-no-good-horrible-craptacular-worst-fucking-day EVER I had up to that point. I came home with a nice pole burn on my arm, sore and stinky and sweaty but elated. I have never been a sporty athletic person AT ALL and my husband finds the fact that I really really love these classes just amazing.

I told him, Yeah, it's exercise but you get to wear HIGH HEELS!!

3 Comments:

At 11/04/2006 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yeah, it's exercise but you get to wear HIGH HEELS!!"

Oh, my gosh, that made me laugh. That would not be an incentive for ME, I'm afraid. But, hey, whatever works for ya. ;^)

 
At 11/04/2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Miranda said...

Are these platform heels? I think I would end up walking around like Sandra Bullock's character in Miss Congeniality.

But I still want pictures of the new pants. You promised. :)

 
At 11/04/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Love it love it love it. I found out that the local gym here actually has strip tease workouts, but no poles. Bummer!

:) Nothing less sexy to my imagination than a sweaty, overweight strip tease act. (me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home