Saturday, October 14, 2006

Warning! Pole dancing may be hazardous to your health

I was warned, but really... I just had no idea. My first true foray into practicing on the pole was today. Holy Hell, I am sore. My legs, thighs, abs, and arms are all mush. After 20 minutes I was sweating and hurting. That is the best work out I have had in a long long time.

But the crowning jewel of all this was my first pole bruise. The instructor warned us - the mark of a true new pole diva is the pole bruise... and I have three. One on each knee and a truly spectaculary whopper on my ankle. I have never been so proud. My hubby said that he'd never seen me look so happy. It's true - hot damn that was FUN!!! I can't wait to do it again.

4 Comments:

At 10/15/2006 2:07 AM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

I have been wanting to try pole dancing! It sounds like quite a work-out!! I need that so bad! Time to start looking into it!

 
At 10/15/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger from the ashes said...

Girl, that's awesome! When do I get to see the show?

 
At 10/19/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've also wanted to try pole dancing!

Did you have to buy a pole for your home or was one provided for you at wherever you learned it?

 
At 10/19/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

Diane - Both. I have one in the basement, and the place I take lessons also has 10 poles in their classroom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home