Saturday, September 16, 2006

What hath Lisey wrought?

Oh my. My husband is out of town, so I let little Lisey (the 3 year old) sleep in my bed last night. I tucked her in about 9:30 and went downstairs to catch up on my DVR'd Dawson's Creek re-runs (it's my thing, i love it, let it go). Anyway, I went back upstairs around midnight and she was still WIDE awake, having entertained herself by wreaking the following havoc in my bedroom:
  • one box Kleenex, completely emptied and shredded and strewn like confetti all over room
  • one set of mini-post it notes, stuck all over entire room
  • one full box of extra buttons (approx 100), dumped behind bed between headboard and wall
  • 12 stuffed monsters inside pillow case
  • all necklaces entwined in giant necklace-y mass of knots on bed
  • one glowstick broken and leaking on very expensive egyptian cotton 300 count sheets
  • Lush chocolate whipstick lip balm smeared all over Lisey and apparently kissed on mirror
  • one vibrator on bed, vibrating (mommy, what's this? I found it in your drawer)
  • one very traumatized cat (not sure what happened there - hiding under bed not talking)

4 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

OMG, that is the funniest thing I've read today! I'm sure you weren't laughing, but....

You can thank God she's only 3 and can't figure out the vibrator thing by herself. Yikes!

:)

 
At 9/16/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

LMAO! That is priceless. I'm sure right now Lisey is grounded, but in a week or month--well, okay, YEARS--from now, you'll all look back on this and laugh heartily.

One three year old.
A master bedroom, one box of Kleenex, a lipstick, and one cat.
Valium for the cat.

Priceless.

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

 
At 9/23/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Just one of many said...

Oh, so glad it wasn't me!! My youngest is five and we are sooo through having babies, but looking back to all the havoc they can reak makes me miss it...a little!!

:D

 
At 10/10/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh! lol! Not for you, but I laughed! My kid is so totally not like this at all. I've afraid to have another because (s)he might bring a reign of terror.

(I'm sure lisey is so cute most of the time, right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home