Saturday, October 07, 2006

More Things I am Loving Right Now

I did this a few months ago. I've decided to make it a tradition. Here are things I'm digging.

1. Netflix - Wow, this is the greatest idea ever. I am finally watching all of those foreign movies that I just never got around to renting and my husband never really wanted to watch with me. Plus, we were able to set up a queue just for our kids, so every 3 or 4 days they have a new movie to watch. They recognize the Netflix red envelope and get all excited!!

2. Washable Suede Pants - from Victoria's Secret. Not only do they make my ass look great, but they are comfortable and cute. I think I might have to go back and buy another pair in black. I bought these for myself as a treat because I earned a bonus at work.

3. Southern Comfort and Lime - This is my favorite shot. But please be careful. I woke up this morning with several tank tops on the floor that said "Property of the Gold Club". Apparently I earned them last night at a visit to the local strip club. I blame the SoCo. Maybe also the washable suede pants.

4. Pumpkin Spice Latte - the harbinger of Autumn. This drink makes me happy. It makes me warm. It makes me want to put on a sweater and go to the orchard to pick apples and carve Jack-O-Lanterns.

5. Annie at the Odyssey - my waxer. Deciding to get the Brazilian is not an easy thing. But if you are going to do it, it sure helps to have a good waxer. Annie is German - she has no sense of modesty. This was disconcerting at first... Um, you want me to just drop my pants and let you see my what? But now that we've bonded, I adore her. She is strong, which is good - she never slips. And she does a great job.

6. Xpose Fitness - a new fitness center just opened nearby that teaches pole dancing classes and also chair/floor. I am so excited - another girl from my Bunco group and I are going to check it out next week.

7. $5 Halloween T-shirt from Target - I am currently sporting the Sweet & Sinister black shirt with the silver sparkly design. For 5 bucks, who can you go wrong?

8. DVR - I can now watch all of my Thursday night shows without having to choose. I get Grey's Anatomy, e/r, and CSI - all commercial free. And I can tape all the cartoons during the week so on Saturday I can do laundry while the kiddos watch a Lilo & Stitch marathon.

9. Buffalo Chicken Dip - this is heaven. 2 cans of chicken, 3/4 cup ranch dressing, 3/4 cup hot sauce, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 2 block cream cheese. Mix it together and heat. Dip Fritos. Oh... My... God... I made this for hubby's poker night and it was GONE. Highly addictive.

10. Laguna Beach - I'm sort of embarassed to admit this, but I do... I love this show. The teen drama, the horrible outfits that probably cost more than my first car, the relationships... It's like brain crack. I am hooked.

4 Comments:

At 10/08/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Nice list! I like listing things that make me happy too. It keeps life in perspective and keeps me from focusing on only bad things..

 
At 10/10/2006 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've still got to try SoCo and Lime. The commercials on comedy central are tempting me. And now that I know your experience, I've definitely got to try it!

And pumpkin spice latte, yes, very yummy. Mmmmmmm.

Nothing better than a little alcohol and a little coffee to warm the post-mormon heart.

 
At 10/10/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

And what is really great is the alcohol and coffee together - it's moving into IRISH COFFEE season!!

 
At 10/11/2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brazilian wax is on my list, my wife just started getting those and they are so GREAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home