Thursday, October 19, 2006

Highly Addictive...

So last night was my second swing around the pole. I took the beginner class to focus more on some basic techniques (i.e., nothing that could cause bruising!). By the end of the class my thighs were shaking and my arms were giving out. This is a tough work out. But OH MY GOD, I love it. I love it, love it, love it.

But I know I have crossed the line now into addiction - today in the car I was practicing my ab circles to songs on the radio and then tonight as I was putting away the dishes, I realized that I was doing a little hip pop every time I bent over and tracing my leg with my hand as I stood back up. Soon I will be strutting everywhere I go.

I must be getting braver because I just bought a pair of 3 1/2 inch heels to wear to a cocktail party coming up in November. I am 5' 9" so most of my life I have not worn heels. I've never liked standing out in the crowd, and being the tallest woman in a room tends to be something people notice. But damn, I'm feeling sassy, baby. Bring on the stilettos!!

4 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same issues with heels that you do. I am 5'9" and generally don't feel the need to be taller. But sometimes it is oh-so-fun to sport the heels.

Have I mentioned to you that you have me wanting to learn how to pole dance? I don't need ANOTHER thing in my life right now damnit!

 
At 10/20/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I'm also 5'9" and my hubby is maybe 5'10" so I don't really like to tower above him. Hey, I was gonna ask you, do you actually do this workout in high heels? Seems like you'd need to...

:)

 
At 10/20/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

Heels are optional. I've gone barefoot so far, just to get used to the moves before I put on the stripper shoes!

 
At 10/26/2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I'm 5'9" too. I think all tall women have a high heel issue, carried over from high school where it was embarassing to be taller than the boys.
Height be damned, down with pratical shoes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home