Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long Overdue

Yes! It is finally an upate! I can't believe how long it has been so I feel like I don't even know where to start. There has been a lot that's happened so far this Summer. Some good, some bad, some just downright horrible.

School ended. We had our annual Tiki Party, which wasn't the best ever due to two factors:

#1 the huge thunderstorm that rolled in, forcing us to move the party inside the house/in the garage. The storm was over by 8:00 and cooled everything down, but I think a lot of people had already decided to stay home rather than venture out.

#2 the PTA brawl in my driveway. Two PTA moms got into a fight around 1:00-ish in the morning, and after that everyone sorta went... ooookay, time to go home. I am friends with both women so I felt extremely awkward. I haven't talked to either since that night, which makes me feel even more awkward. We still had about 75 people over the course of the evening but the vibe just wasn't quite the same as past years.

We took our annual vacation to the Outer Banks, which was uneventful in the best most vacation-y way. The kids were extremely good this year and we had the added bonus of my niece Kaylee, who was 8 months old and gave me a nice cute-baby fix. I spent a lot of time napping and doing crossword puzzles, which is seriously my ideal vacation. And I got to visit the Sonic 4 TIMES - aaaaaaaaah.

Once we returned, there were two more big events: Marc's testing and what I will refer to as TWFH - The Week From Hell. These each deserve their own entry so... Stay tuned for further updates.

1 Comments:

At 7/29/2008 9:23 AM, Blogger Don said...

Yay, updates! Vacation-y vacations are the best, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home