Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another lovely Sunday

Last Sunday I was away staying my younger sister in DC. We went out for brunch, then I went to the mall and spent the whole day shopping (YES ON SUNDAY EVEN). I spent lots of time in the Victoria's Secret. It is nice to buy pretty bras and undies and then shop without worrying about whether this shirt will show garments or if this skirt is long enough to cover them. I started to get angry again - how much my life was controlled... Down to my underwear!! Looking back, it is just so ridiculous. I was mad at myself for buying it for so long. Then I had a big iced vanilla latte and felt better.

I ended the Sunday by going to a book club with several wonderful ladies that I met through my hubby's work. It was fun to sit around and drink wine with women who routinely say damn and shit and talk about sex a lot. I felt refreshed as the weekend came to a close.

Yesterday I spent another day at the mall, hitting Victoria's Secret again and then proceeding to buy multiple tank tops for wear this Summer. We went out last night with friends from work and enjoyed a great night at the bar, drinking Irish coffees and dancing to Irish music. My life is so fun now. It is great to lose guilt. It is very liberating.

This morning I woke up a teeny bit hung over, but the realization that I didn't have to spend half the day at church made me feel much better. My husband worked in the yard building a fence, and I went to the gym to work out - I'm mostly focused on my arms since I can now wear tank tops.

I am now sitting here with my daughter napping and my son playing Pokemon in the background. Hubby is still working on the fence and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. Sunday is now my favorite day of the week. It feels good to be moving on... I think I'll go put on a tank top...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home