Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Pick-up Artist

I don't know if anyone else out there is watching this show on VH1, but I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I keep really wanting to hate it, but yet... I don't - I find it fascinating. Really fascinating.

Anyway, last night part of the training for the guys to prepare to become a master pick-up artist was to tell a story to a group of elementary school aged girls. The point was that if you can keep a group of young girls interested, you can keep a group of single women at a bar interested. It's all about being able to hold their attention.

I'm going to leave the whole is this sexist and infantilizing women angle out of this blog in favor of this comment: Who needs a master pick up artist when I got myself a man with an actual master's degree in reading books to little kids?

I was laughing so hard at the whole segment that I made my husband watch it again with me. Apparently I am married to the studliest creature in the entire world - a male elementary school librarian!! Who knew??

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2007 12:41 AM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

LOL This post is funny. I totally know what you mean... nothin's hotter than a man that can play with the kids and give you a freakin' break! :) Your husband sounds like a total hottie.

 
At 8/27/2007 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about your husband being a studmuffin or what . . . but this show you're talking about. I saw it on and watched it and it's just beyond me. The pressure to talk and cajole and do whatever it takes to get a woman to have sex with you.

I guess I've never been good at that sort of thing . . . I've never had a "line" and I've never cared enough about my appearance to use "products" in my hair or on my face.

The show kind of creeps me out - both that there are guys who concentrate on this sort of thing and that there are girls who like it and accept it.

 
At 8/27/2007 1:26 PM, Blogger Don said...

My HLM has skillz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home