Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Today is a lazy day. I've been fighting a cold for the past week or so. Friday it caught up with me. I couldn't take the day off and sleep because I had way too much to do.

Friday I had to take Marc to get his flu shot. While we were there, I had the pediatrician take a look at a weird rash in between Marc's toes. Turns out he has athlete's foot!! He didn't even squeak when he got his shot - such a brave kid, even watched the nurse give him the shot.

I dropped him back off at school and then had to go to court. At this point I was running a fever and felt like crap. I ended up settling both of my back to back cases, so I went back to the office and suffered through the next few hours. I didn't feel like cooking, so I picked up a pizza on the way home. Marc said it was the best pizza EVER. Yay, me.

After that, it was time for haircuts. I still felt awful but I went ahead and got my fall highlights done. When my hair grows out, it's shocking to me how much GREY is in my hair. I started going grey at 18, and I've consistently been covering it since then. Highlights seem to work the best - I only have to get them done every 4 months and it just makes the grey strands look intentional.

So Saturday I woke up feeling like death. Fever was higher and I just ached all over. Erik went to the gym and I stayed home and watched my DVR'd episodes of America's Top Model. Then I went to sleep. I slept all afternoon until it was time to go to dinner. We had plans to take my parents and Erik's dad to Kobe for dinner and I really really really didn't feel like going anywhere.

I went ahead and dragged my sorry ass out of bed. Dinner was okay. I wasn't very hungry. Lisey didn't like the big fire on the grill at the start of the dinner, and Marc didn't like the sauce on his chicken so he just wouldn't eat anything. I was too sick to be patient with them so had to work very hard at controlling my extreme annoyance with their behavior. I think our parents had a nice time though - it was our treat and they seemed surprised and grateful for that.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. Even though I was still so tired, I would fall asleep, then wake up sweating, throw off the covers, fall asleep, wake up shivering, bundle up, wake up sweating, repeat, repeat all night long.

This morning, Erik started on remodeling the kid's bathroom (heaven help us all, we're back down to one toilet and shower) and also had to tackle the yard - yes, leaves are starting to fall and since we live in the forest it's an every weekend thing to stay on top of them.

I finally figured out how to keep the kids occupied - Christmas shopping! I know it's only October and it violates every holiday rule I have personally imposed on myself, but I had a huge stack of catalogs - letting the kids go through them with sticky notes and pens kept them occupied for like two hours, during which I napped on the couch.

I also tried to get some stuff off the to do list: Dishwasher emptied, laundry done and folded, invitations to bridal shower for friend addressed, started Christmas lists (ugh, I'm so ashamed, I feel dirty writing that).

Gaaaaah - this post was pretty boring. I plead illness. I am trying to convince myself that I feel better now but it could just be that I'm really high on two different cold medicines that are interacting in strange and glorious ways. I think I understand why housewives get addicted to speed. I feel like shit, but yet all the laundry is done and I'm ready to cook dinner...

2 Comments:

At 10/07/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

You're not alone in your sickness. We've had the creeping gunkous going on here, too. I had the whole hot/cold/hot/cold thing going on, as well as the congestion, headache, achiness stuff. Now I've just got the cough and phlegm thing going on. Still, it's a bugger. Hope you're feeling well soon.

P.S. We saw Tish tonight. She said to tell you and Erik hello!

 
At 10/08/2007 12:25 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

We have had one never ending cold at our house too. I blame kindergarten!

I hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home