Saturday, September 08, 2007

Things I am Loving Right Now

It's time for another edition of ten things that I just think are cool and make my life a little bit happier.

1. Edible Arrangements. Chocolate Dipped Fruit Basket - Behold the glory. Erik had a bad week and in lieu of flowers I picked up this baby for him. We've been enjoying it's chocolate covered goodness non-stop. It's chocolate covered heaven, that's what it is.

2. Medieval Times. Kid's Month! - I've wanted to take the kids for a long time to Medieval Times but it's just SO expensive. I decided to see if they had any specials running and lo! Hark! It's kid's month - And kid's are FREE with purchase of an adult ticket. Folks, that's a savings of $37 per kid. We are totally going next weekend.

3. Starbucks. Pumpkin Spice Latte - yes it's back. It's like the leaves changing color or the geese flying south. As I'm still on my quest for NYC, I've found if I get this with skim milk, no whipped cream, and only two pumps of the syrup, it's not a total diet buster and still tastes yummy.

4. Think Geek. Give your kid herpes! - Marc's favorite toy collection now has additional microbes available, including herpes. And fat cell. These are a great Christmas gift for the person who has everything - except heartworm.

5. ExVestigator. ExV's blog - Just pimping my hubby's blog. He doesn't know how to do it himself.

6. Mommy & Me Yoga. Sorry no link for this one, but it's a non-credit class that is being offered at our local community college. (I take exception to the name, as my husband and I and both our kids registered, but that's okay. We'll tear down gender stereotype walls one brick at a time.) My kids LOVE it. They want to practice their poses every night before bed.

7. Free massages. Several years ago I did some legal work for a good friend of mine. It was a somewhat complex matter and he was newly married with a new baby at the time. Instead of having him pay me, we bartered - he's a massage therapist by trade. Later on, he moved and we lost touch for a few years, but recently we got in contact again. He was reviewing his old clients and realized I still had 11 credits left!! Did I mention he makes house calls? Erik and I both got worked on Thursday night. Aaaaaaaaah.

8. Shiny Toy Guns. Hello little boys, little toys - I've talked about this band before, but I get to see them again at the end of the month in Philly so I've been listening to them more often lately. This is Lisey's favorite band. She knows all the words to Le Disko.

9. Twilight. Twilight Series - Okay, so I kept hearing the ladies on this bulletin board talk about these books all the time, so I checked it out. I had to get over my immediate prejudice against it, as the author is a graduate from BYU. But I have to admit, these books are pretty good. Fluffy, yes. But I like brain candy.

10. The world's greatest cheeseburger. Red Robin - Tonight, we feast. My personal favorite is the Royal Red Robin Burger. Because meat, cheese, bacon and mayo just isn't enough - they put a fried egg on the top. I can feel my arteries clogging already...

6 Comments:

At 9/08/2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

"Give your kid herpes" made me spit my coffee!!!

MMMMMMMM free massages!!

 
At 9/13/2007 2:04 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Well ... it's Thursday ... got a new tattoo??

 
At 9/13/2007 8:44 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

Aaah, I forgot to update - I have to wait until Oct. 1st - the artist I wanted doesn't have an opening until then!!

 
At 9/14/2007 3:31 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

OK ... but don't think I won't be buggin you to see it!

 
At 9/15/2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I personally die over Red Robin's fries. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Dipped in ranch, even better. I think I know where I'M goin' tonight!

 
At 9/15/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

sara sue - I will definitely post pics!!

sml - Oh, their fries are so good. Yuuuummmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home