Thursday, August 30, 2007

Accidental Inversion

My schedule has been a bit goofy this week, so I ended up having to do pole dancing class tonight. I thought I was doing Level 1, but I didn't read the schedule close enough because... apparently Thursday night is actually Level 2. Level 2 is almost all inverted spins. You know, climbing the pole and flipping upside down and sliding down the pole with no hands. That sort of thing.

Oh Lordy.

When I realized I was in the wrong class, I almost left right then. But the teacher was so nice and she basically took a few minutes to teach me some Level 1/Level 2 transitional moves that I could work on. And I DID THEM. Yes - I actually did one inverted hanging position then an inverted slide!!

Now, you may say, but Amy - it was only, like, 6 inches off the floor. And you would be correct. BUT still - for that few seconds I was upside down sliding down the pole with no hands. And that is a start.

5 Comments:

At 8/31/2007 5:37 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Have I told you lately that you're my hero for taking this class??

 
At 8/31/2007 5:41 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

Way to go!!

 
At 9/03/2007 9:51 AM, Blogger JulieAnn said...

WOW! I SO need to take this class. Make good use of the pole in my bedroom...lol

 
At 9/03/2007 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. I can't even do upside down, let alone six inches off the ground with NO HANDS! Whoa.

 
At 9/03/2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

As an update, I now have two huuuuge bruises - one on my knee and another on my hip from this escapade. I really would like to think this is sexy, but the bruises? Not so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home