Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Quest for NYC - One month down...

It has now been one month since Erik & I originally started our little competition. He is a total shit and has lost 10 lbs. I hate him. Okay, not really but I still think it's just abysmally unfair. But that's okay. Because I am proud to announce I am right on target - I have lost exactly 5 lbs in one month. Yay me!!

But as I originally blogged, this wasn't just about weight - it was about doing better and being healthy. And the thing that absolutely thrills me most is the progress I've seen over the past several weeks. I have moved most of my weights up by at least 50%. I have been able to increase my speed and incline on the treadmill. My pantry is almost empty of snacky treats but my fridge is full of fruits and veggies and yogurt.

I've had to start fastening my bras one hook tighter. My size 10 jeans that I originally just wanted to fit in are now loose. I am sleeping better. My lovely IBS symptoms have subsided. I went to NYC with my mom for a weekend and was able to splurge on a piece of real NY cheesecake without feeling any guilt.

Two months to go, so now it's just keeping the momentum. Plus I have a new reason to stay the course... My best friend is getting married on November 9th and we went to try on dresses over the weekend. The bridesmaid's dress she picked is beautiful - and is nicely form fitting and has spaghetti straps plus an open back. Ladies and gentlemen of the blogging world... I WILL be smoking hot in my dress and I WILL post pics. This I swear...

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 5:58 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

Gah, I hear you.
My husband can lose 10lbs in a week just by cutting out Soda.
Anyway, I give a HolyHeckYES for your momentum!
I predict you smoking the spaghetti straps!

 
At 8/30/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Good for you! You will be my inspiration as I change my eating habits now that we will have finished moving (mostly) and we will have a fridge again (tomorrow). No more eating out excuses for me.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home