Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Autumn!!

Autumn is my favorite season. I love the weather and the food and the colors. Much like JM, I view the first day of autumn like the first day of the year.

Today was a beautiful day. The weather was warm and sunny. We walked over to my parents house for some cream of crab soup, a perfect first day of fall meal.

We opened up all the windows and screen doors so the lovely breeze could blow through the house. We spent most of the afternoon cleaning out Lisey's dressers. She has grown so much over the past year that none of her clothes from last Fall really fit any longer. We filled a box and a half of her too-small clothes. I realized she desperately needs plain colored long sleeve shirts, so next payday I'll put that on the list of must-haves.

It was such a nice day that I brought the kids out of the basement and sent them into the backyard to play. They ended up playing "sniper" until dinner, hiding behind trees then jumping out and pretending to shoot each other. Not what I would have chosen for the game but extremely entertaining to watch nonetheless.

I was still in an autumn mood so I made a potpie for dinner. I wanted something warm and comforting and savory and that just sounded good. With grapes, the perfect first day of autumn fruit.

I brought all of my Halloween t-shirts out of the back closet to wear over the coming weeks. When the weather cools down a little more, I'll put away tank tops and sandals and bring out the sweaters and boots.

I believe that I am suddenly having a craving for an apple crisp with caramel drizzled on the top. Normally I am very much against cooked fruit, but I will make an exception and bake one this week to celebrate the season.

7 Comments:

At 9/24/2007 3:45 AM, Blogger Ms-Chievous said...

I try to enjoy Autumn, but she is such a close friend with that bitch Winter. :o)

 
At 9/24/2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

I love the Fall too! This is the first one where it actually looks and feels like Fall for us in a long time.

It sounds like you had a great Sunday!

 
At 9/24/2007 7:56 PM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I love fall. So... when are you coming over again so we can properly celebrate? I think we need a girl's day out or something and enjoy this marvelous weather while we can!

 
At 9/24/2007 10:32 PM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

Mmmmmmm, I love Autumn! I love this post. It's what I call a feel good post. LOL
I was just pulling out my fall decor so I can make the house all "snuggly"... that's what fall represents to me; comfort & warmth.
*happy SIGH*

 
At 9/25/2007 1:09 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

ms c - Indeed. I have a love/hate relationship with Winter. I hate cold but I love snow days!

regina - are the leaves changing yet where you are?

jm - I'm trying to get to DC to spend a weekend with my sister in November. When I know for sure, I'll let you know!!

enlightened fairy - Yes! I've been doing fall decorating too. I even changed all my wreaths.

 
At 10/01/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Happy Fall! It's October now ... when is the tattoo appointment??

 
At 10/02/2007 11:43 AM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

Yeah the leaves are changing here and I am LOVING it! It is so beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home