Saturday, September 15, 2007

It was a good day

This is one of those what-I-did-today posts. Because it was a good day.

First of all, Erik played paintball this morning, but my kids were angels and just quietly played in the basement watching TV and eating pop tarts. I didn't wake up until 10:00 a.m. - they let me sleep that late.

We headed down to Arundel Mills, with a stop at the bridal shop because my bridesmaid dress came in. I tried it on to show Erik and um... yeah... It was WAY too big. Too big to just fix with alterations. I momentarily panicked because the dress was special ordered - until the very nice lady assured me it was no problem. There was plenty of time to order the next size down.

The dress was SO big she actually had me try on one that was TWO sizes down, but then it was way too small in the bust area - yay! I'm not losing my boobs. She suggested going one size down then having it taken in just the few places that were a little loose.

Next stop was Arundel Mills, and the kids were very excited about Medieval Times. We met up with Marc's teacher and his wife and two kids. It was really fun to spend time with another family and I was very happy the evening went so well. The kids were angels, Marc ate all his chicken (he's so picky, this is a MAJOR big deal) and I'm not sure I've seen the kids having so much fun in a long time.

After dinner and the show, we went to Bass Pro to let Erik shop for lures (barf - they are so gross) and watch the fish in the big tank. I also wanted to go to the Quiksilver outlet because (despite my advancing age) Roxy is one of my favorite brands. The shirts were so awesome I got two for me, then two for Lisey and another two for Marc!

As we were leaving the mall Erik mentioned that he was noticing my jeans were starting to get loose... I had been hitching 'em up all night long. These used to be my "skinny jeans". It's bizarre.

On the way home, I put in Cats for the kids to watch. Because I love musicals, and I love cats, so naturally, I love the musical Cats. I realized Lisey had never seen it - and I guessed right. She was totally enthralled.

When we got home, the kids tried to figure out which of our cats matched the characters. I got out Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and we read a few of the poems to narrow it down. We decided that Floyd is totally Grisabella (not one of T.S. Eliot's cats but oh well) and Anakin is the Wild Rumpuscat. Charlie is a definite Jellicle Cat - and Lisey now knows where he goes when he stays out all night... Dancing at the Jellicle Ball!

3 Comments:

At 9/16/2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Sounds like a great day! Did you get new jeans too?

 
At 9/16/2007 6:34 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

sara - actually I just ordered some new jeans from Old Navy! I'll post a pic when they arrive!!

 
At 9/16/2007 11:44 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

EXCELLENT! Congrats on the weight loss and the new jeans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home