Monday, October 08, 2007

Quest for NYC - The Home Stretch

The end is in sight. It is now Week 11 of the 14. I hit a bit of a plateau the past few weeks. I didn't lose any weight at all for 2 straight weeks. I was stuck. I was very discouraged by the numbers but gave myself the mental pep talk - weight can vary, focus on the inches lost, look at all the clothes that are now too big and go put on your new size 8 jeans that actually fit now...

Then last week between very busy plans and being sick I didn't make it to the gym. Today I wasn't feeling that great either but I hated to get out of the habit. So I made myself go. I did an easy work out - I dropped all my weights down by 5 lbs and only did 20 minutes on the treadmill. That was enough - I actually stopped a few minutes early because I started to feel a little dizzy and knew my body was telling me it was time to rest.

The good news is...!!! I must have worked through whatever plateau I hit because I was back down and on schedule. Only 3 pounds to go!! The most gratifying thing was this though - moving down the big block on the scale - the big 50 lb block that separates weighing 151 and 149.

I haven't been able to move down the big block since, um, I think it was back in law school. I don't think a ka-thunk ever sounded more lovely. Moving that little piece down down down down.... Oooooh, gotta move that big block down - ka-thunk!! Yessssss!

6 Comments:

At 10/09/2007 2:32 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Wow! Size 8, congratulations!

 
At 10/09/2007 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to move that big block up. It was a little scary.

I'm happy for you!

 
At 10/09/2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

sara sue - Thank you! I'll send a semi-topless pick in the size 8 jeans for your TTF, I think...

jen - Oh my, yes, you have now entered the disturbingly scary weight gain section of gestation. Don't worry, it's kind of amazing to lose 15 lbs in two days when the baby is born!!

 
At 10/12/2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

sharashoe@yahoodotcom :)

 
At 10/14/2007 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have amazing focus and determination - awesome.

 
At 10/15/2007 10:27 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

I can't wait until we get to see photos!

Congratulations on the move to a new block. That has to be so satisfying. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home