Monday, November 27, 2006

It's the Beeest Daaaay Eveeeeer...

And those of you with young children have probably experienced this phenomenon, courtesy of SpongeBob Squarepants. Every once in awhile my kids will just spontaneously start singing this song. And once one kid starts, any child within earshot will start singing along. My hubby teaches elementary school and he said it happens at least once a day.

Anyway, according to my kids, this whole weekend consisted of, like, 5 of the best days ever right in a ROW!!!

Wednesday

School was only a half-day, so we set out for Virginia Beach around 3:00. We decided to take an alternate route to avoid I-95 completely. We hit heavy traffic between Bowie and Waldorf, Maryland. Once we got past that area, it was pretty smooth. The kids both fell asleep about 8:30 but only after I promised promised promised to wake them up when we got to the beach. We got to Sandbridge about 10:30. We were staying at a rental condo with my parents and the kids woke right up when we arrived. BUNK BEDS?!?!! It's the best day eveeeeeeer!

Thursday

My very pregnant sister and her family came to the condo around noon. Since she was too pregnant to come up to Baltimore for Thanksgiving, we had brought it to her in Virginia Beach. We made it easy too. Pre-sliced ham and turkey, ready made potatoes and stuffing (just reheat in the microwave!), frozen cheesecake sampler... And paper plates = no dishes. Very relaxed. My kids had a blast playing with their cousins. Their cousins even got to spend the night at the condo with us. And we had just received the Cartoon Network Christmas DVD from Netflix. Billy & Mandy's Grim Christmas Adventure?!?!! It's the best day eveeeeeeer!!

Friday

My sister arrived just after lunchtime. We celebrated her oldest daughter's birthday. Pizza and ice cream cake. My mom had even thought to buy a small present for each of my kids, which they played with all afternoon. Then hubby took the kids to the boardwalk area and bought them hermit crabs. A present from Grandma and our very own hermit crabs?!?!! It's the best day eveeeeeeeer!!

Saturday

We ate lunch at our favorite burger place that they don't have anywhere near us so we only eat there on vacation (Red Robin) then started our drive home. We figured traffic would suck on both I-95and Route 301 so we decided to take the scenic route. We went over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel and then up the Eastern Shore of Virginia/Maryland instead. A lovely warm afternoon and a peaceful drive through small towns and farmland. No traffic at all.

Our cat Charlie had decided to not come inside Wednesday before we left and I spent all weekend worried about his furry little ass. When we pulled into the garage the first thing I head was MEOWMEOWMEOWMEOW. That was one pissed off hungry little cat. Look, dumbass... Don't blame me. I called for you for over an hour before we left - I was trying to get you inside.

That night Charlie slept all curled up with Lisey. She told me she was so glad he didn't run away forever. Stupid furball returned?!?!! It's the best day eveeeeeer!!

Sunday

While my hubby was away watching the Ravens humiliate the Steelers, the kids and I actually managed to get the tree up and decorated. A massive undertaking, I assure you. How did we get such an ass ton of ornaments? I remember when we had one box of silver balls and some cheap purple beads because that's what was on sale at the Wal-Mart and we were poor. But the kids were thrilled to help and it really looks great.

Then each kid has a smaller 3 foot tree of their very own for their rooms. They both took great care decorating their little trees. They even helped each other and were so proud to show Daddy when he got home what they'd done. And Daddy had brought them each a Ravens pencil. My very own Christmas tree for my room AND a football eraser?!?!! It's the best day eveeeeeeer!!

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Thank you ever so much for putting Spongebob's singing voice in my head for the night. Really.

Red Robin has the BEST fries Eveeeeer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home