Saturday, November 18, 2006

Where the hell I've been

So. It's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've sat down to post a few times but just didn't seem to have my thoughts going anywhere. Life has been busy. Work has been busy. Kids have been busy. Not much time to sit down with my thoughts and type them out. Right now hubby is out buying presents and the kids are watching our latest Netflix arrival. Dinner is in the oven and I have a moment to pause and say... I am happy. I'm really happy.

And that is a wonderful thing, because two years ago at this time I was miserable being Mormon, then a year ago I was miserable being a disaffected Mormon, and now I am happy being not a Mormon any more. My life is full of other things - husband, kids, family, friends, work, pole dancing, cooking classes, book club, Bunco...

The anger is gone. The confusion is gone. Somehow, gradually, I have rebuilt my world. And it's a world where I am happy and content with the choices I have made and where I am going.

5 Comments:

At 11/18/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great! I am happy for you! I can't wait until I get to that point. I am living for the day when I will write a post very similar to this one!

 
At 11/19/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

That's great. I'm so happy for you.

 
At 11/21/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger from the ashes said...

Wonderful. But can you try to post a little more often about that happiness so I can see what it's like?

 
At 11/26/2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

:o)

Blogging without a good neurosis is kind of hard. But I am so happy to hear that everything is going so well for you guys.

 
At 7/24/2007 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liseysmom, my name is Joel (nxtoracle) and I'm the new Chapter Leader for the Hampton Roads Post-Mormons. I came across your blog when trying to search for former Mormons in the Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads area. Thanks for sharing some of your feelings about leaving Mormonism behind.

I'd like to invite you, and anyone else you might read your blog, to visit the Post-Mormon Community at www.postmormon.org.

Best wishes for a happy future free from Mormonism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home