Monday, November 06, 2006

Parent/Teacher Conferences

Teacher: "Marc is a very smart kid. His only problem is that he sometimes rushes through his work because he wants to be the first one done."

Hubby starts laughing. I give him an evil glare.

Hubby: "Wow, I just don't know where he gets THAT from." Rolls eyes in my direction.

Me: "Shut up."

Teacher: "It just seems very important to him that he is the best at everything. Is that something he gets from you?"

Hubby: "She is not allowed to play board games at our house because she is the biggest sore loser ever. Her family won't even play Trivial Pursuit any more with her after the Kimodo Dragon incident."

Me: "Kimono Dragon/Kimodo Dragon. Whatever. That answer totally should have counted. I was robbed and you know it."

Hubby: "Yeah, that was, like, 10 years ago and you are still pissed off about it."

Me: "Oh just shut up."

Hubby: "Exactly."

9 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

That is hilarious. I love how you portray yourself so brutally honest-like here!

Here's a suggestion for next time this comes up: "Marc got this behavior from my husband. I still have mine."

 
At 11/06/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

Marc would have so much fun with Brandon. We get notes home about his all-encompassing need to be first all. the. time.

He's actually pretty sweet and patient at home. Not so much at school.

 
At 11/06/2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, this made me laugh. out. loud. Brings back fond memories of sitting in parent/teacher conferences myself (translating). The things you'd learn about people.

(And what a difference a consonant makes... mwahahahahaha)

 
At 11/07/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger doug said...

THAT'S FUNNY!

you guys are a great couple, that totally cracked me up

 
At 11/07/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. I bet playing Scattergories with you is a trip. That game always degenerates into an argument about what does and does not qualify.

 
At 11/08/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

I am a bad loser when my husband beats me in Scrabble. Which he has started doing a lot lately! Erggg!!

 
At 11/15/2006 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's GREAT, I needed a good funny story. My family won't play Trivial Pursuit with me as well, I don't lose well.

 
At 11/17/2006 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have played Trivial Pursuit with her. That's all I'm sayin'....

 
At 11/18/2006 12:37 AM, Blogger Sideon said...

**grin** Thanks for the honesty. I knew there were other sore losers out there that hold grudges. Memories like elephants, I tell ya.

My "bad" game is Taboo. I have been banned from that one.

Thanks a ton for the chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home