Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas Part Two

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the after-party, where I get to go to the mall and buy stuff with my gift cards. My mom always gets me great things, and this year one of the great things was a gift card to Williams-Sonoma, better known as my personal nirvana. Given my total lack of domesticity, it may come as a shock to some, but I looooove to cook. Love it. My mom and I take cooking classes together as often as we can.

So hubby had the kids at the playarea at the mall while I wandered around Williams-Sonoma, drooling, for a very long time. I walked the entire store at least three times, oooohing and aaaaahing. I knew I wanted the Brining Blend and rib rub for sure. But then I still had enough on the gift card for something else. Finally it caught my eye - a digital candy thermometer. This may seem like a useless piece of equipment to some people but to me? It's glooooorious. It's a thermometer that you can set to actually beep at a specified candy stage - soft ball, hard crack, whatever.

But then for half that price I could just get a regular instant read digital thermometer PLUS I could get the cute little set of fried egg doodads that you put in the frying pan and it keeps your fried eggs the EXACT size of an English Muffin and that, my friends, is just awesome.

So this morning I made egg & muffin sandwiches for me and Lisey and they were yummy. And YES, those fried eggs were a perfect circle. And complimented beautifully by the coffee I bought with the other gift card my mom gave me - Starbucks. God bless that woman, she knows how to do it right. Sigh. Life is good.

2 Comments:

At 1/01/2007 5:31 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a happy new year.

 
At 1/01/2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Good for you! Sounds awesome. That's how I feel in the art store. Aaaaaah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home