Thursday, December 28, 2006

My son has the clap

And athlete's foot, an ulcer, mono, the flu, the common cold, giardia, e. coli, mad cow disease, lice, a bookworm, and a pimple.

As an extra Christmas gift, I bought him this set of plush germs. It was kind of a silly gift - an afterthought I bought because he needed just one more thing. Of all the toys he got, he loved those damn germs more than anything. He loved them so much, he made them a little house out of a shoebox. When my BIL informed me they had more for sale at thinkgeek.com, I knew what I was getting my son for his birthday - MORE GERMS!!!

His second set of germs arrived today in the mail and I let him open the box as an early birthday present. He is over the moon. Twelve germs!! He knows all their names and what they do... The clap makes your penis hurt. Mono makes you tired. E. Coli gives you really nasty diarrhea. And you'd better keep that bookworm away from daddy's library.

This whole thing is really cracking me up. The conversation he is having with his sister now... "Hey! Lisey! I'm going to share my germs with you. Here, I'm giving you an ulcer!!" And tonight when he was playing with some new soaps he got for Christmas, he informed my husband the bathwater was the same color as the clap. I can't stop laughing.

3 Comments:

At 12/29/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

The germ gift is hilarious. Way to go!

 
At 12/29/2006 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the germ plushes! I have the head lice doll.

 
At 12/30/2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the title! And I love the idea. I will have to remember this for my son in a few years. In fact, I'm going to put in on my list right now. "Get 'clap' for my son."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home