Monday, December 18, 2006

Weird Things

I got tagged by Christy last week but have been out of town (subject of another post) so here's six weird things about me:

1. I can't stand to have my hands dirty. I'm not OCD about anything else, but my hands... yes. Those little plaster hand prints from nursery school? My mother does not have one because I refused to put my 4 year old hand in that crap. When I cook, I probably wash my hands at least every few minutes.

2. I get the hiccups more often than anyone I know. I didn't use to. It started after I had open heart surgery at age 20. They must have knicked a nerve or something. I had the hiccups non-stop for 3 DAYS in the hospital. Now I get the hiccups at least a few times a week. Loud, strong, painful hiccups that last for a looong loooong time.

3. I think I have mentioned this before, but I despise talking on the phone. The only people I ever call are my husband, my mother and my sister. Nobody else. I will not even call the pizza place - I order on-line instead. I probably make 10 calls a day at work, and I have to literally force myself to do it by allowing myself my afternoon cup of coffee only after calls are returned.

4. As a reaction to having to wear those hideous white boring garments for most of my adult life, I now have to match my undies to my outfit. If I wear red, I have on a red bra. If I'm wearing black, I have on a black bra. I have bras and undies in every single color because of this need to be coordinated.

5. I don't like cooked fruit. Apple pie, blah. Cobbler, gross. Pineapple upside cake, barf. Even raisins are perilously close to being cooked fruit so I only tolerate them if they are covered in chocolate or in a cinnamon roll.

6. I have the world's tiniest bladder. I pee all the time. I am lucky if I can make it through a movie without having to go. Road trips with me are really annoying. My kids made it all the way to Virginia Beach with only one stop, but me? I had to stop two additional times. My hubby always jokes that if we ever get separated, he'll just wait outside the bathroom and eventually I'll be there.

Mostly everyone I know has been tagged. But I'll tag Erik because he's never ever posted on his blog. And cool-Jen SIL too. I know she's gotta have some quirks.

4 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Great stuff about you! Thanks for sharing!!

:)

 
At 12/18/2006 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I am so with you on the calling on the phone thing. My dh even makes my dr appointments for me. It's crazy, I have no idea where it comes from! I had a job at a video store and I had to call customers who were late with their videos. I faked it most of the time!

I wash my hands a million times when I am cooking too. Other than that I am not obsessive about it.

 
At 12/19/2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi LM - Longtime reader, first-time commenter here.

I wash my hands alot too - especially if there is dust or dirt on them AT ALL. Makes me cringe until I can get soap and water on them.

HATE calling on the phone. And I too have frequently had jobs where phone calling was essential (ie, to clients). Hateful invention.

Teeny tiny bladder, check.

HICCUPS from HELL - YES. But I never had surgery to cause it. I'm just lucky I guess.

 
At 12/20/2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold me closer, Tiny Bladder...Yup, I have that same problem. I have to pee all.the.time. Always happens the minute I step into Target. I feel fine when I get out of the car but the minute I step into that store I gotta go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home