Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How does he know?

Damn cat!! I made his vet appointment for this afternoon. I even went so far and made the appointment while at work so the cat wouldn't hear the word "vet" or "shot" and go missing. He was inside last night when I went to bed. Well, after I went to bed that damn cat sat at the door and meowed until my husband let him outside (he sensed hubby's weakness), and of course, he didn't come home this morning.

He ALWAYS is home in the morning, pawing at the door to come inside for breakfast. I don't know how he knows. But he does every single freakin' time. THE CAT KNOWS. I have had to cancel at least 3 appointments because he would hide or go outside and not return.

But the jokes on you, sucka. I made THREE appointments this week - one for each cat. So hide if you want... but guess what? There's another appointment for Thursday afternoon and I will just take your sister today. You will think it's safe and then BLAMMO - I will get you next. You're going down, Charlie.

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Aerin said...

We started spelling the word vet - but our cat Maynard would leave and return the hour after he was supposed to go to the appointment.

Now we spell out vet but backwards - i.e. tev. This has worked so far....

 
At 1/16/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

aerin - I really think this cat can read. I never said anything, but I did write "Charlie 3:00" on the calender. HE JUST KNOWS.

 
At 1/16/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Ha! Our cats haven't ever done that before, but one of them used to "curse" when we'd shove them out the door before 7:00 AM in Idaho winter weather.

Maybe we can get the cats together and see if mine can "dumb" yours down a little bit so he won't get it next time, though you might need to wash his mouth out with soap daily after she's done with him. (I meant that in the non-sexual way, of course. She's a lady.) :)

 
At 1/17/2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

HA HA HA. I laughed hard when I read, "You're going down"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home