Thursday, October 18, 2007

Unintentional Picnic

Erik is out of town at a conference, so I had to leave work early to pick up Marc from school. I took him to pick up the best pizza in the world (as he calls My 3 Sons) and then we picked up Lisey from daycare.

We pulled into the garage and with my hands very full of pizza and backpacks, Marc informs me the door is locked. The door from the garage into the kitchen. The door that is never ever locked and to which I have NO KEY. Because why do I need a key? I have the garage door opener!!

I panicked. I freaked out. I almost cried. Then I thought - it's okay.... because I have pizza so we WILL NOT STARVE. I called Erik to ask where the spare key was. I had one made in the event of this exact situation. The spare key is hanging on the key rack - right inside the door that is locked. This doesn't help me and I am now mad at my husband for putting our spare key inside the fucking house. That is a quote, in case you were wondering.

I called my dad. He does have a spare key but he is eating dinner right that second with my mom and her cousin that is visiting from out of town. He can be here in about twenty minutes. That is okay with me.

So we ate our pizza sitting in the driveway. It was a pleasant afternoon and it really wasn't so bad. We were just finishing up as my parents arrived to rescue us. I immediately took the spare key and hid it outside in case this happens again.

Oh, and eventually Lisey fessed up to locking the door this morning - she was trying to keep out burglars.

3 Comments:

At 10/19/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

Awwww ... she was protecting you from harm! You'll laugh about this one day, my good fortune is I'm laughing about it now.

 
At 10/20/2007 12:53 AM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

Been there! I locked myself out one afternoon when I went out to grab the mail and my toddler was asleep in the house! I was kicking myself big time for not having a spare key hidden. I went to one of my neighbors houses and together we used her credit card to slip the lock. Surprisingly it didn't take us long. I was rather proud of the fact that I could break into my own house. I hid a spare key after that as well.
Ugh. What fun.

 
At 10/21/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger JulieAnn said...

Thank GOD for pizza! What would the pioneers have done without pizza? Makes you wonder. Oh, wait...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home