Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Impending Holidays

As an update to my last post, I was officially fired today - by the client's wife. This was after I left 3 phone messages and sent a letter to her husband (which he never responded to). I finally sent an email to his wife in desparation to find out what the heck was going on with him.

It became clear to me as we spoke that the problem is not me at all. For example, she bitched at me today that her husband has not received any messages or letters from me in response to her message. Well, that's very interesting... Because I've been trying like crazy to get a hold of him.

Suddenly I realized the problem is that my client DOES NOT TALK TO HIS WIFE and rather than accept that her husband is not telling her important details she chooses to assume I am not doing my job. I am still annoyed but not enough to lose sleep any longer.

So, we are leaving tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving in Virginia Beach with my family. I learned today that there is wi-fi so I will be taking my laptop and can hopefully update my blog from there.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

3 Comments:

At 11/21/2007 8:45 AM, Blogger Aerin said...

That's hysterical. And - all too common. It's always great to find out more information about why someone does (or doesn't) do something.

 
At 11/21/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

 
At 11/23/2007 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something to be thankful for indeed! Happy T.G.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home