Thursday, November 01, 2007

Parent-Teacher Conference Day

It's that time of year again!! Marc's teacher believes it is important to involve the kids, so it was actually a parent/teacher/child conference. Marc got to show off some of his favorite work, and we talked about what he likes and what he doesn't. He's reading at a 3rd grade level and his teacher has noticed he has a definite flair for math.

I also brought a mocha from Starbucks with me to the conference. One of the other teachers asked, "Is that a bribe?" And I said, "Damn right it's a bribe." It totally worked too - Marc's teacher gave me a big hug and told Marc, "Do you know that I love your mother?" The funny thing is that of ALL the kids, Marc is the last one who'd need a bribe for the teacher.

In other fun news for the day, my Victoria's Secret shipment arrived and with it my festive undies for the upcoming holiday season. Lisey brought the package in and opened it for me. She was so excited about this holiday underwear she felt the need to tell the entire restaurant tonight at dinner... "Guess what mom got today in the mail? SPARKLY CANDY CANE BRA AND UNDERWEAR!!"

3 Comments:

At 11/01/2007 10:29 PM, Blogger Sara Sue said...

LOL at Lisey! Congrats on Marc's conference. I'll have to let my sister know about the Starbuck's bribery.

 
At 11/03/2007 1:50 PM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

LOL Lucky you! I want some sparkly candy cane panties, too! I guess now that you have that sexy 21 year old bod you are going to indulge in some festive treats!
Good for you (and hubby too!)!!

 
At 11/07/2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Don said...

Lisey rocks! The only way that story could get better is if she asked anyone if they wanted to see them as well.

Marc is such a smart kid, some of the things he says just crack me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home