Sunday, May 22, 2005

Wine, wine, wine

Now that hubby and I are exploring the world of alcohol, we've been experimenting with wine. We've graduated from the screw top $5/bottle stuff to bottles with corks. We've discovered a local winery that so far we've really enjoyed. I went Saturday to the liquor store and had quite a fun time perusing different wines and picking some new things to try. I bought two bottles of a Reisling that we've tried before and loved, also a Blush from the same vineyard. We also are experimenting with reds now - an Italian Chianti, California Pinot Noir and Australian Shiraz.

I welcome any and all recommendations from my readers - what's your favorite wine? I am a wine dummy so have been relying mostly on either recommendation of friends or the guy behind the counter at the store (who actually has been a wonderful guide so far).

3 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep expermenting. It's good fun! There are also a ton of wine festivals within a 90 minute drive this time of year. Best liquor store- Wells on York Road.

 
At 6/01/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Monroe said...

I'm not much of a wine fan. But, if you are looking for a good related vacation idea, visit the CA Napa and Sonoma Valleys. I'm sure you could find a winery or two there, plus some delicious sour dough bread. Now beer on the other hand...........

 
At 7/30/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger clew said...

I really love "white merlot". Yep there is such a thing. It used to be hard to find but is becoming more available.

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home