Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vet Part II

So I did finally catch damn cat I the other day and took him to the vet. He got his temp taken, a stool sample checked for worms (that's two invasion of his hind end there) then a blood test for feline leukemia in one leg, one vaccination in the other, and the final vaccination in the scruff of his neck. I almost felt sorry for him, except for what he put me through trying to catch him.

Well that little shit warned the others. And when it came time to take damn cat II to the vet today, he was ready... with all 10 back claws. I seriously look like one of those teenage girls who likes to cut. My arms are shredded. I actually had blood running down my arm. I am still in pain.

But I caught damn cat II anyways and took his 19 pound (yes, he weighs that much) fluffy ass to the vet. He spent the whole car ride howling at the top his kitty lungs. Now, after all that trouble getting him into the carrier, he refused to come out. I had to hold it upside down and shake him free. And then after the vet was done poking and prodding and vaccinating damn cat II, that little turd of a feline jumped off the table and WALKED RIGHT IN TO THE CARRIER and sat down. Marc told me that the cat was acting like a "damn fool" and though I should have yelled at him for using that word, it was the absolute truth so I just agreed with him.

Marc had brought his newest plush microbe with him - Heartworm. And the vet had a great time talking with him about heartworms, and she even brought out the dog heart complete with heartworm infestation preserved in formaldehyde so he could see real heartworms. He also learned about hookworms, tapeworms, roundworms, fleas, ticks and some other assorted animal parasites. Quite educational and also quite gross.

Off to cleanse my wounds. La la la la la la cat scraaaaatch.

5 Comments:

At 1/19/2007 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy cats. I can't believe yours shredded you - evil, bad cat!! Here's hoping they all heal with minimal scars.

Our cat is an indoor cat, so it's easy to catch her. Plus, she's a total sucker for the bathroom sink (she prefers to drink fresh running water...or water from the xmas tree stand), so if you turn on the water, she will come a running - no matter how many times you say 'vet,' 'crate,' 'car,' or 'evil bitch cat, you are in for a VET TRIP!'

My cat's kinda dumb.

 
At 1/19/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Sideon said...

19 pound cat? And then the little bugger goes back into the carrier on his own? Oh my. :)

Hysterical story! I'm sorry you got scratched up!

 
At 1/19/2007 1:03 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

wry - too funny - my cats also prefer fresh running water. Damn cat I drinks from the sink. Damn cat II waits outside the shower and as soon as I turn off the water, he jumps in to start licking the faucet!

sideon - yup, 19 pounds. He's a Maine Coon cat and they are big suckers. Not even fat - just huge.

 
At 1/19/2007 11:47 PM, Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

Sounds like our cats are related. I don't remember if I have said this or not, but each of our cats is over 15 pounds (that was at the last vet visit, which was way too long ago) and not getting any smaller. And, though our cats are on the 'fat' side, they are also just big boned or something so it isn't just fat. Maybe we can get our cats together for some sumo wrestling!

 
At 1/20/2007 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've taken to putting catnip in the cat carrier. Works like a charm. Unfortunately, when we get to the vet's office, they're usually covered in it. But they go (fairly) willingly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home