Saturday, March 03, 2007

What a hot date for married folks is

Erik and I decided to go on a date tonight. We decided to go to Outback, just because we haven't been there for a long time and he was in the mood for seared tuna. He picked up the sitter around 4:30 and got McD's for the kids.

Outback has call ahead seating, so we called around 5:15 - and there was a 90 minute wait. 90 Minutes!! I'm sorry, but their food is NOT that great to deserve a 90 minute wait at 5:15 on a Saturday night. So we went across the street to try a new restaurant in town - The Crack Pot. Daaaaamn, that was a good choice. It was some good eatin'.

First of all, no wait. Second of all, the food was great - including the seared tuna that Erik got after all. They had great crab soup, and I tried a Chicken Cordon Bleu soup that was oh so yummy. For dinner, I had seafood lasagna and it was HUGE - so I have more for lunch tomorrow, and even enough to share with Lisey whom I can assure you will eat half of it.

Anyway, we finished dinner around 6:30 and decided since we told the sitter we wouldn't be back until 8, we could do something else. Something really exciting... Like...

GO TO TARGET!!! WITHOUT KIDS!!! Of course, we only needed a few things, so $175 and one hour later, we were happily loading the van with all kinds of doodads we didn't even know we couldn't live without. Like barbie pop-tarts. And a cute dress for Lisey. And 100 calorie packs of Wheat Thins.

We made it home right at 8:00, then after getting the kids to bed and putting away all our groceries, Erik went in to read a book while I checked my e-mail... and he is now sound asleep. I can't blame him - today he spent 2 hours loading up the van and heading to the county dump to get rid of the evil weevil food storage. And I've gotten to check all of my favorite blogs in peace.

And that was my hot date for tonight.

3 Comments:

At 3/05/2007 1:54 PM, Blogger Regina Filangi said...

Your dates are a lot more exciting than ours let me tell you!!

Just dropping by to say hello!!

 
At 3/07/2007 12:14 AM, Blogger Sideon said...

Sounds like a very nice night.

The kitchen is covered in plastic. I had to settle for a microwave dinner, a bowl of Baskin Robbins, and a cup of Irish Creme over ice.

Be well.

 
At 3/12/2007 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect date to me. I miss Target. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home