Thursday, March 08, 2007

Why you should not take muscle relaxers at work

So I'm on my way to court this morning, and it's cold and icy in our parking lot. I very very very carefully make my way to my van, and am so proud of myself for getting there without even a little slip when... whoooop - just as I open the door I lose my footing and fall.

I grab the steering wheel, which really doesn't do anything except make sure that while I'm twisting my knee and thigh and hitting my ass on the floor of the van, I also wrench my shoulder as well. Ouch.

Of course my first reaction is to look around and make sure nobody saw me. Then I start driving to court and realize I am really in a tremendous amount of pain. I am actually limping into the courtroom today.

By the time I got back to the office, I was in massive discomfort. I am searching for Advil in the first aid kit and we have none. I am in pain and want to cry. My paralegal, who has a back problem, offers a muscle relaxer, which I gladly accepted with the assurance that it would be more than worn off by 5:00 when I have to drive home.

And so, here is the message I left for an insurance adjuster this afternoon: "Argle bargle foss sssshlooop qwerty blop." And I hugged everyone a lot. Including my boss. And I typed some letters which I then proofread and couldn't figure out what I was even trying to say. And I drank some coffee which was the BEST coffee apparently, as I told our office manager about 10 times. And I kept spinning around in my office chair, because did you know it spins all the way around? I never tried that before.

By 4:00 the pain started returning and I wasn't nearly as much fun. Just another day at the office.

4 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Exvestigator said...

Why do you think I like it when you drink. You're hilarious :P

 
At 3/09/2007 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious! (Not that you fell, of course.) It reminds me of the bride on muscle relaxers in 16 Candles. Heh heh...

 
At 3/09/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Sixteen Candles! I was thinking the same thing while readong this post.

 
At 3/15/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Gunner said...

I had a sore back once and took two painkillers of medium strength, and two muscle relaxents. I then laid on my bed with a heating pad on my back.

I had just purchased some new mints(EuroMints) and was popping them in my mouth like M$M's.

I then noticed I had trouble typing on my laptop.

Looking at the mints I found they were caffinated mints.

I had the equivilent(?) of three 6 packs of coke, plus the pills in me. I really got worried when my lips started to tremble.

Wore off in a couple of hours...but was fun till the pain returned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home