Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow Day

Erik went with me to the doctor this morning. I love my physician. She is in her thirties and we have kids about the same age. She is just incredibly understanding and always says the right thing. She listened to all my concerns and frustrations. We are going to try a combination of Zoloft and Wellbutrin to see if that works for me.

I started to cry as I left the doctor's office - a mixture of relief and frustration and anger. It's hard to describe. I know I need to do this and I know the Zoloft is already helping, but it's still upsetting. My doctor reminded me that you can't wish depression away. Thinking positive thoughts doesn't work, just like it doesn't work in treating arthritis or asthma or diabetes or any other chronic illness.

When I left the doctor it was snowing. By the time I got my presciptions filled it was starting to cover the roads and schools were calling for an early dismissal. I wasn't feeling up to going back to work so I used the weather as an excuse to go home. Erik and I had a nice lunch of soup from Panera and then spent the afternoon putting up the Christmas decorations.

I picked up the kids early but I was so exhausted and emotionally drained I ended up taking a nap while they watched TV. We had a Christmas party to go tonight and Erik made me go. I really really really didn't want to, but I did end up having a great time. I was glad Erik forced me to get up and out of the house.

The roads driving home were awful - the snow is really coming down and it is cold enough that it's sticking. Erik and Marc are both praying for a snow day tomorrow but I have to go to work no matter what. I am horribly behind after spending the past month essentially staring out the window unable to properly deal with pressing matters.

My plan for tomorrow is to take care of all the easy stuff (quick letters, wills, etc.) in order to move the greatest number of files off my desk as possible. Off to bed now.

6 Comments:

At 12/07/2007 1:54 AM, Blogger Jules said...

hey hows it going, just thought I would tell you I switched from zoloft to welbutrin and it was no picnic, but now its been a couple months (and a higher dose ) its working a lot better. I hope you can find the right doseage that will help you! Ive missed seeing you post on the church ladies! dont be a stranger! Take care!

 
At 12/07/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I know someone on a combo of both Zoloft and Wellbutrin and they say it's worked wonders for them.

FWIW, you're very courageous and amazingly frank, which is a breath of fresh air in a world that wants us to hide our problems and flaws. Thank you for being brave and honest. That frankness alone tells me you're going to be okay!

 
At 12/07/2007 11:01 PM, Blogger Liseysmom said...

Jules - Hello! I'm not sure about dosages yet - we're starting low and we'll increase depending on how it works. It's so frustrating that it takes so long for it to kick in, ya know?

JM - Thank you so much. I'm hoping this combo works!

 
At 12/08/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger An Enlightened Fairy said...

*big bear hug* Babe, my heart goes out to you. Sending love, positive energy and light your way. Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.

 
At 12/09/2007 3:52 PM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

A: I'm a lameass again. I can't find your email address. Can you email me? I have a party invite we want to send to you and Eric.

 
At 12/19/2007 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saying hi - haven't seen you around much lately. Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home