Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Second Adolescence

I mentioned to my husband the other day that maybe I was acting like a teenager. He agreed, and added it was most likely because I never really acted like a teenager when I actually was in my teens. Adolescence is defined as "the transitional stage of development between childhood and full adulthood, representing the period of time during which a person is biologically adult but emotionally not at full maturity". Yup, that would be me right now.

Because when you are a teenager, you are trying out life. Testing boundaries and finding out what you like and what you don't. Learning to think for yourself. I never learned to think for myself completely - my basic code was simply to do what my church leaders told me to do, and I never really tested the limits. I never reached emotional adulthood. I was emotionally stunted for years.

So now I'm finally moving on... And yes, I am acting like a teenager. I am shopping at the mall, and staying up late giggling with girlfriends, and having a wild party this weekend. I am goofing off at work, shopping at Rue 21, and wearing earrings that dangle. I am falling in love with my husband and acting all twitterpated around him.

I have to say, though - it is nice to be a teenager over the age of 21 with my own house... It sure makes drinking with my friends much easier!!

6 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 9:33 AM, Blogger Monroe said...

Good for you LM. I'm envious your new exploration. Good luck in finding those parts of you that you have not looked for yet, and make sure Ex is right there by you for the ride.

 
At 6/25/2005 9:22 AM, Blogger Chris Tolworthy said...

Not much to add, except hello from a fellow teen! I'm 37 and plan to reach my early twenties by the time I'm fifty. Seriously.

 
At 6/28/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

Acting young is so much more fun now than it was back when I was actually young. Maybe because I don't take everything so frickin' seriously?

It was so funny because when I was on my little school trip, the young ones treated me like a peer yet I watched what they were doing and it just didn't appeal. I think I may have hit my mental twenties...

 
At 8/09/2006 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 8/11/2006 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 8/16/2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home