Saturday, April 08, 2006

Damn, it has been a long time since I posted.

And so much has happened since the last time I did. We finally sent in our resignation letters, officially severing all ties with the church. I wasn't going to - it just felt unnecessary but I feel like my hand was forced. They started calling for MY KIDS. My 5 and 3 year old kids. Sending THEM letters and cards and calling them. Oh no, no, no, no. That just crossed the line. The only way to stop contact was to send the letter to Salt Lake removing our names. So that's what I did.

Now that I can officially say I am EX-mormon - well, that feels good. Somebody asked me the other day where I went to school. I told them BYU. They asked if I was Mormon. I said No. Ah, that felt nice.

I think I'm going to go open a bottle of wine and enjoy my new life.

3 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy did this post make me smile! I know just how you feel. I do feel lucky that I don't have any children that they would try to get their paws on...and that in the future the only contact with the church they'll have is with extended family (in another country!).
Pour me a big glass of whatever you're drinkin', LM! ;o) lol

 
At 4/19/2006 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. I'm jealous.

 
At 8/17/2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home