Monday, December 31, 2007

I *heart* New York - Day 4

Our last day in NYC dawned rainy and cold. We really wanted to see Bryant Park so we didn't let the weather ruin our plans. We just bundled up anyway and after another breakfast at the Tick Tock (this time turkey sausage - yuuummmm) we headed on our way.

Bryant Park wasn't crowded at all because of the rain, so we perused all the little shops and I found some cute bearhand mittens for Marc (camoflauge) and Lisey (cheetah, of course). We met another of Sara's friends for coffee - this time I was delighted by the pair of British children at the table next to me. They sounded just like Charlie & Lola. The little boy fell out of his stroller and said, "Mummy, I fell ov-ah."

It was getting to be time to go home, so we enjoyed a slice of greasy cheesy New York pizza in all it's drippy goodness then headed to the train station. The train was completely sold out so boarding was pretty much a total clusterfuck. Sara and I were lucky to get two seats on the same car, catty corner from each other.

Erik picked us up at the station. The rain kept away my homeless drunk lady so she was not there to greet me.

I had a wonderful trip and it was really nice to spend time with my sister. I love New York City - I love its energy and the buzz of life there. Everytime I leave, I'm always looking forward to my next visit!!

1 Comments:

At 1/05/2008 8:46 AM, Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Sounds like you and your sister had a wonderful time in NYC! Nothing better than a little retail and restaurant therapy every once in a while. And it's especially fun in New York.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home